Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation adhere to all rules and regulations regarding legal compliance
- Deliver all operational KPIs in line with Partner, Customer, Profit and ensure compliance in line with all business wide metrics
- Prioritise workload in line with service level agreements to enable lead-times to be met for both internal and external customers.
- Plan operational resource (daily/weekly) with Partners and agency
- Develop and maintain relationships with operational teams to ensure communication channels remain effective
- Monitor and analyse department KPIs to look for trends and opportunities to facilitate continuous improvement initiatives within the team
- Manage Driver requirements such as dart tags, fuel cards and vehicle keys
- Ensure daily communication with Transport Planning team
- Manage day to day running of the Transport office e.g. schedules, conference calls
Manage a team of Partners reporting directly to a site manager. Flexibility in working hours will be required in order to fulfil the customer proposition. This role has head of branch, out of hours and key holder responsibility so will be accountable for the business continuity procedure for the site during these times. Required to be cross functional across all operational areas within the CSB including Warehouse and Administration Support. Acting responsibly in line with Corporate Social Responsibility commitments and waste management for your department and site.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of transport operations & legal compliance.
- Current driving licence.
- Driver CPC qualification.
Desirable experience skills and qualifications:
- C1 Driving Licence.
- Previous Management Experience.
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
We request that candidates only apply for this position if you can fully commit to the advertised working hours and the full term of the contract, or we will be unable to proceed with your application.
Please consider the following when making your application:
-This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 2 year reference check
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- Print off the job description now if you require it.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV.
To lead and manage all aspects of the two man customer delivery operation and proposition (including installation services, fleet equipment and company assets) for a given John Lewis & Partners site. Ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service to all John Lewis Customers through achieving or exceeding all relevant KPI’s.