What’s the role about?
As PPC Manager, you will be responsible for proactively planning, optimisation and execution of the paid search strategy. You will operationally deliver inhouse paid search campaigns to drive marketing efficiency whilst supporting market share ambition and customer conversion.
A leadership role within the Paid Search team to inspire, coach and develop a team of subject matter experts to deliver John Lewis customer goals within the overall context of balancing sales and profit whilst delivering a consistent brand and Partner experience.
This role would suit a PPC expert that has a great attention to detail and is comfortable working to the guidelines and principles of our brand. You will look for opportunities to improve ways of working and the impact of campaigns on customers. The ability to work within a high pressure, deadline driven environment which requires a flexible approach to a constantly changing landscape is a must.
What you’ll be doing as a PPC Manager
- Responsible for liaising with key external stakeholders to ensure relationships are commercially sustainable and relationships are nurtured. You will use all aspects of paid search to drive cost effective sales and conversions alongside understanding the key levers, tools and reports to drive incremental gains
- Accountable for bid optimisation tools and understanding how to deliver best in class campaigns. You will test and learn to capture early competitive advantage and ensure robust hypotheses deliver insightful results. Another key area includes being responsible for supplier funded campaigns within paid search which clearly demonstrate incremental sales or brand objectives
- Accountable for efficient spend in paid search, through forecasting and budget management, using attribution techniques, ROI modelling, setting, evolving and monitoring bid rules to ensure campaign optimisation in the short, mid and long term
- Deliver and present regular analysis and KPI reporting to tell the story focusing on key learnings, provide market context or future opportunities which will assist in quick decision-making, unlock budget / supplier funding or assist in course correcting performance to mitigate risk
What you’ll have
- Paid search expert with demonstrable experience managing enterprise level accounts, bid optimisation tools and creating strategy
- Experienced knowledge of the latest developments within paid search and experience of leading paid search teams, coaching and developing individuals and optimisation techniques
- Understanding customers, tone of voice and ability to drive performance whilst protecting brand values is a must.
- Multiple stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge of the latest developments within paid search and experience of leading paid search teams, coaching and developing individuals and optimisation techniques
What else can you bring
- Strong online experience within retail
- Demonstrable understanding of how digital marketing channels work and can influence
- Evidence of negotiating commercially compelling agreements
The vacancy will close at 00:01 on the closing date stated in the advert. Please ensure you start and complete your application by this time.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
As a business we encourage flexible working. We have a number of different ways to work flexibly, so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, examples of how our Partners already work flexibly include part-time, job share, home working and compressed hours.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive business - for our Partners and for our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I in the John Lewis Partnership click here. https://www.jlpjobs.com/about/diversityandinclusion/
Internal Use Only - #LI-LA1