We want all of our Partners to have a good work-life balance and we support flexible working. This might mean flexible or compressed hours, job sharing or shorter hour contracts, where it is possible to do so. Please discuss this further with the hiring manager during your interview.
Working in Partnership for a happier world – our shared Purpose that guides us in everything we do and inspires 3 important principles; happier people, happier business, happier world. The John Lewis Partnership is a truly unique business, one that seeks to make a positive difference to the lives of everyone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a selling assistant in the shop you will be engaging with customers, replenishing stock, housekeeping and operating the tills to provide an excellent all round experience.- You are expected to represent the Waitrose brand as well as our amazing customer service reputation.
- As this is a customer facing role, high standards of customer service are required as well as the ability to work as part of the team and be flexible in your duties to meet the needs of the busy Farm Shop.- Support for the running of events may also be required.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills.- Ability to work as a team.
Desirable experience skills and qualifications:
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering Certificate- Food Preparation in a retail environment
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
Please consider the following when making your application:
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.- Print off the job description now if you require it.- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive business - for our Partners and for our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I in the John Lewis Partnership visit this site - https://www.jlpjobs.com/about/diversityandinclusion/
Attachment: Farm Shop Assistant - Cafe Job outline (2).docx.pdf
Latest Customer Service opportunities