Assessment Centre Hints & Tips! We’ll see you there!
First of all – Congratulations!
You’ve got this far, so clearly you have shown great potential and deserve to be at this stage of the selection process for the John Lewis Partnership Graduate Scheme – remember that!
Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- The assessment centre is an all day event but there will also be some waiting between exercises. Make the most of this time and get to know people you could potentially be working with! Also, the facilitators will be able to answer any questions you have on either the Graduate Scheme or simply what it is like to work for the Partnership.
- Keep motivated. If one task doesn’t go well, try to put it out of your mind and focus on the next task.
- Come prepared. Research the job description, the Partnership and the grocery/retail sector.
- Think about what Leadership means to you and what kind of leader you want to be.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses and be prepared to give evidence of each.
- Be yourself. Assessors are looking for authenticity and originality in all that you do.
- Ignore anything you find on the internet about the assessment centre – it’s not true, we’re not scary and it will just stress you out!
There will be four exercises during the day, two are group activities and two are individual. It’s important to show you can contribute new/great ideas whilst working alongside others.
If you’ve got any questions at all please comment below.
Finally, you’ve applied to the John Lewis Partnership… we have some amazing food here so take full advantage of it! Enjoy!!
We look forward to seeing you at the assessment!