Because for us, it’s personal.
Much of what makes us unique is down to the visionary thinking of our founder, John Spedan Lewis. He believed in the happiness of all the Partnership’s members and their worthwhile and satisfying employment in a successful business. So, in his early adult years, he came up with a totally different way of doing business.
In the Partnership, we’re not just employees – we’re owners. That is why we are called Partners. We all work hard to ensure our business succeeds and expect more from ourselves to make this happen. Because for us, it’s personal.
We are so much more than just retail. We believe we are a better way of doing business. And that, is the Partnership difference.
Our business strategy
Throughout our history we’ve continued to differentiate and find new ways to become a better way of doing business. Wherever Partners work in the Partnership, they each have a part to play, to ensure the future success of the business they co-own.
Our One Partnership business strategy is a set of integrated objectives that delivers one set of clear outcomes based on Partner, Customer, Profit and Power. Our strategy is designed to develop and strengthen our business, whatever the economic environment, building on the qualities that make us different.
How we’ll achieve this
- We’re enhancing the role that Partners play through challenging and empowering them to seize opportunities to create significantly more value for our business
- We’re focusing on creating more differentiated, valuable and long-term relationships with customers through increasingly unique and exclusive products and services
- We’re strengthening our position by generating more value which delivers immediate, sustainable and meaningful returns to Partners
- We’re transforming the way we share knowledge and power for the Partnership to truly be a better way of doing business
- In John Lewis & Partners, we launched our biggest and most significant own-brand investment to date, with a 300-piece Womenswear range. We also expanded our own-brand electricals as part of our ambition to curate a differentiated product range. We also introduced several added value services including Personal Styling and Beauty Studios and expanded the number of Experience Desks in shops.
- In Waitrose & Partners, we launched more than 5,000 new or updated products, including extensive ranges of vegetarian and vegan products. We also opened a new £1.5million Food Innovation Studio which will support future product development and our commitment to being the most innovative, high quality food retailer in the supermarket sector. We also invested significantly in waitrose.com and launched new customer smartphone apps and customer delivery services.
- We’ve started rolling out new biomethane-powered heavy trucks as part of our pledge to have our entire transport fleet zero carbon by 2045. We’re also committed to having all John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops, head offices, distribution centres and all other UK sites to be net zero carbon footprint by 2050 at the latest.
- Significant investment in leadership development for over 250 of our most senior leaders, was made and this will extend to around 8,000 more this year.
- Our apprenticeship programme was expanded, with over 900 apprentices enrolling in 2018/19 in areas such as retail, LGV driving, vehicle maintenance, hospitality and finance.
- And we’ve taken significant steps in our ambition to be Britain’s Healthiest Workplace by 2025 with a review of our Partner dining rooms, including the food and drink we serve, and launching a Wellbeing Champions Network with more than 430 Partners now recruited.
Opportunities With Us
Our opportunities extend far further than retail. We have Finance, IT, E-Commerce, Personnel and many other functions that underpin everything we do. So take a look through our career pages to find out where the next step in your career could take you.
£41,000 to £59,600
Closing Date: 19/5/2019
£59,200 to £87,300
Closing Date: 19/5/2019
South East England
£8.40 - £10.00
Closing Date: 31/5/2019