It's exciting to think that at some time in the not too distant future you could be one of our senior leaders. First things first though, we need to give you the skills you need to get there. As well as following our Partnership core development programme, you will follow a series of job rotations and leadership scheme specific training.
Year one will be spent in branches familiarising yourself with our retail operations:
- Following induction, you'll be assigned to one of our branches for four months to gain an overview of the various systems, procedures and roles at store level. Here you'll receive technical training and a placement as a Section Manager that will prepare you for your first management position
- After this stage you will move branches and begin your placement as a Section Manager where you will start to take real responsibility for Partners and processes, and train as a Duty Manager
- You'll then progress to 'acting' Department Manager level, with real accountability and responsibility for the performance of several selling sections, as well as managing the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager
In your second and third years, you'll embark on a number of job rotations – so you really get a feel for the business:
- You could spend time in marketing, retail support, supply chain, in a branch or in partnership services (our shared services division). You'll get to do everything from leading a team, to project management and controlling a budget – so that when your time eventually comes to take your first Head of Department position, you'll be ready
- Throughout the scheme we'll also give you the opportunity to appreciate the ‘bigger picture'. We'll run sessions that will help you to understand what is going on in the external market and look at trends that will inform our future strategy. Of course as time progresses, this is something you'll do as a matter of course.