We believe that the John Lewis Partnership continues to grow because we are committed to introducing fresh ideas while simultaneously upholding our longstanding principles of quality, service and value.
Over the years, we’ve evolved a distinct and successful brand of retailing that customers recognise and trust. Alongside this, we’ve grown to become an expert in the field of graduate recruitment; at training, developing and nurturing our graduates into some of the most successful professionals and managers in the retail industry.
Keeping our success story moving forward. In all kinds of new ways.
We are a different kind of business. And we aim to give our graduates every opportunity to make a difference to our business. Which is why we run a number of graduate schemes that offer a range of options for driven and ambitious people to develop their expertise and have a real say in determining the future of the Partnership.
All of our schemes include an element of core skills development, the purpose of which is to give all graduates cross-divisional experience, opportunities to work across boundaries and the chance to develop a strong graduate community.
Beyond that, each scheme provides more specific experience, specialist or generalist, as well as technical training and support for any relevant professional qualifications. Rollover to find out more:
- Six and 12 month events
- Live business projects
- Management and leadership training
As well as your scheme specific training, you’ll also take part in our core development programme. This will give you a more pan-Partnership grounding - giving you the chance to expand your network across different directorates and divisions as you carry out a diverse ranges of challenges specifically designed to stretch your business acumen from every angle. The programme will cover your induction, as well as projects that include assessing the lifecycle of a product (and presenting your findings too), a live business project, line management and leadership training, six month and 12 month events to keep you focussed and thinking ahead and even a chance to get involved with our charity work.
John Lewis Partnership Finance Graduate Scheme
- Three-year scheme
- Finance rotations within all divisions of the Partnership
- Finance-focused business projects
- Focus on professional development
- Study towards ACCA/CIMA accreditation
- London/Bracknell based
- Requirements: 2:1 BA/BSc or above
John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme
- Two-year scheme
- Rotations in one or more branches
- Includes Online/Distribution/Contact Centre experience
- Anticipated appointment to Department Manager role within 12-18 months
- UK-wide locations
- Requirements: 2:2 BA/BSc or above
John Lewis Buying Graduate Scheme
- Two-year scheme
- Placements within different Buying functions
- Focus on professional development and specialist skills
- London based
- Requirements: 2:1 BA/BSc or above plus Maths and English GCSE, grade B or above
John Lewis Partnership IT Graduate Scheme
Sorry to disappoint you, but we're currently not recruiting in September for the 2013 intake. Keep an eye on the website for more information, or why not see if any of our other schemes interest you?
Waitrose Graduate Leadership Scheme
- Three-year scheme
- Three branch rotations in year one
- Head Office/Supply Chain/Partnership Services rotation in year two
- Branch/Head Office/Supply Chain/Partnership Services rotation in year three
- Delivers a breadth of experience
- Study towards professional management qualifications
- Head Office based in Bracknell in years two and three
- Requirements: 320 UCAS points (from top 3 A Levels excluding AS Levels and General Studies) and 2:1 BA/BSc or above
A more comprehensive explanation of the Partnership's graduate core development programme, and how this will help you gain the skills required to be a success at the Partnership can be read here
If you’re excited by a graduate career at the largest department store group in the UK, with a network of shops stretching from Aberdeen to Bristol, our John Lewis graduate scheme is for you.
If you’d like to be a future senior manager of a pioneering fresh food retailer that has been voted Britain's Favourite Retailer*, find out more about Waitrose graduate scheme.
Or if you’d like to launch your career in an office environment that supports,
co-ordinates and develops our extensive retail operation, discover what our Head Office graduate schemes in Buying, Merchandising, IT and Finance can do for you.
*Voted by BBC consumer programme Watchdog.